Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Snacks!!

Hello all! Sorry for the late post!! Past few days have been busy!! I thought I would share two of the yummy snacks that I made for the Super Bowl!!

The first is Buffalo Chicken Dip. My friend Alison made this for my baby shower and then again for baby boys 1st birthday. Let me tell you it is soooo yummy! You can get the recipe of the back of the bottle of Frank's Red Hot sauce!

You will need:
 8oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing (I used ranch)
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used the buffalo wing sauce because I already had that on hand)
1/2 cup cheese (The Frank's recipe calls for blue cheese or mozzarella but I used cheddar because that's what Alison used)
2 large cans of Swanson Chicken, drained


You can make this in the oven or in the crock pot. I had other things that would go in the oven so I decided on the crock pot method. I mixed all the ingredients together and also tried to break up the chicken chunks as best I could with a fork. Then cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or low for 2 1/2-3 hours. I cooked on high. Stir throughout the cooking process to make sure everything is getting all mixed in there!
This is what it looked like in my bowl! I forgot to take a picture of it done in the crock pot but I am sure you get the idea!!

Now this dip is amazing! I feel like I should make it for every function! I know my friend, Alison uses the regular Frank's when she makes her's and I do remember her's being a little hotter than my version.  So, if you would like to kick it up I would suggest that! I was happy with the heat level my buffalo sauce gave me but I still think I will try it with the original Frank's very soon!! Also, Alison uses chicken breasts that she boils and then chops up. I had every intention to do that but time got away from me! I will try that next time!!

Next up we have a recipe I found on Pinterest. They are called Rotel Cups! The blog that it was on you can find here.

You will need
3 packages mini fillo shells, can be found in the frozen foods by the pie crusts
1 can Rotel, drained almost all the way
1 bag real bacon bits
1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
1 cup mayo

Mix your Rotel, may and bacon together until blended. Add cheese and mix.
Fill your fillo shells. Try not to over fill them. I did have some leftover mixture. I lined my baking sheet with waxed paper so there were no yucky messes to clean up on then pan. Pop in the oven at 350 for 15-20 min. The cups will look golden and bubbly when ready to come out! Mine only took 15 min!

Here are the finished cups! I added a little more cheese on the top just to get a little more cheese in there.

I liked these. I didn't get to one until they had cooled down so I might not be the best judge. But everyone else who got em while they were hot said they were super yummy! 

There you have it! I hope you all had an awesome Super Bowl. Did you have any fav commercials? What was the best snack at your party?

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Shout out to my friend Caitlin for suggesting that I add pictures!!

    ReplyDelete