Wednesday, October 9, 2013

White Chicken Chili (Crock-pot)

I have made this twice now with two different recipes. I couldn't find the first one I used so I decided on this one even though I knew it was pretty different from the first one that I made. I found this on Pinterest which took me here

What You'll Need:

2 chicken breast (I used 3 to make it a bit thicker)
1 can Rotel
1 can corn, do not drain
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
8oz cream cheese

What You Need To Do:

~Place chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot
~Top with Rotel, corn, beans, dressing mix and spices. Mix together. 
~Top with cream cheese.
~Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
~If you are home, stir to incorporate the cream cheese after about 2 hours or so. 
~Shred chicken into large pieces.
~Add chicken back in and stir. Allow to heat back through. 

~Serve over rice or in tortillas or just eat it in a bowl!!

The Verdict:

We ate ours over brown rice with a nice side of cornbread. It wasn't very soupy. More creamy. That would be the cream cheese (duh). Overall, I really liked the flavor. It could do with a little more heat from our stand point. Maybe a can of green chilies or more chili powder. But I can not wait to eat the left overs tomorrow for lunch!!


Do you have an awesome chili recipe? Share it if you do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment