Sunday, January 20, 2013

Buffalo Pretzels

Oh football. Will you ever end? Nah, I don't mind it that much. The thing I like the most though is the snacks. You can't watch football without some kind of snack. Course I can't do much without some kind of snack so ya know.

I am obsessed with these pretzels. I think I ate them all. The hubs tried a few but he is not really into pretzels so ya know. Thats ok. More for me. I found these babies on Pinterest. Where else right? The link from there takes you to A Taste of the Best.  

You will need:

12 cups pretzels (I used the sticks and just a one pound bag)
5 ounces of butter, melted
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce 

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (I think I actually used waxed but it worked all the same) Pour pretzels in a large bowl and set aside. (I used a 9x13 dish because it was easier to mix them around in)  In a small bowl, melt butter. Add the ranch mix, celery salt and buffalo sauce. Mix it all up. Pour over pretzels. Stir to coat. Transfer to baking sheet. (I used two because my large one was dirty...ooops) Spread out the pretzels. Bake for one hour stirring every 15 min. Let cool. If you can.

Like I said I ate pretty much all of these myself. When I wanted some I would pour some in a bowl and warm it up for about 15 seconds. I like them warm. Seems to make the flavor come out more. Now like it says in the blog it is not much of a buffalo flavor. Next time I make them, which will be once the chex mix is gone, I am going to try and add a bit more to bring out more of that flavor.

Thats it! Easy, easy! I can't wait to make more football snacks for the Super Bowl. Best part other than the commercials. Oh and Beyonce will be preforming this year. Time to put on my black leotard and do some dancing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment