Sunday, February 17, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Shreds

Hello all! This week I am sharing a recipie that is super versitle! You can use this chicken in so many ways! I got this recipe from Pinterest which took me to Skinny Taste. The recipe is for lettuce wraps and we do that too but this chicken can be used for tortilla wraps, sandwiches and more!!

You will need:

1lb chicken breasts
1 celery stalk
1/2 onion, diced (Hubs doesn't like onion so I leave it out)
1 clove garlic
16oz fat free low sodium chicken broth (Or regular. Whatever you prefer)
1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's Buffalo Wings sauce)

Instructions:

In a crock pot combine chicken, onion, garlic, celery and chicken broth. The broth should cover the chicken. If it doesn't you can use water to make up the space. Cook on High for 4 hours.

Remove chicken from pot. Reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks and return to pot. 



Add add broth and sauce. Stir. Cover and cook on High for another 30 min.
                                                          
And thats it! I made my chicken into a tortilla wrap this time. I put some ranch and cheese in there with the chicken! We had mac and cheese and tater tots with our meal tonight! 

Like I said before, this chicken is super versatile! The awesome part is that the left-overs are great too! Unlimited number of toppings as well! 
Hope you like this super easy recipe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment