Sunday, October 7, 2012

Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken

Hello all! This next recipe is a once a weeker at our house. Most of the time I get an "I don't care" when I ask my husband what he wants for dinner. This is the only thing he actually asks for. He loves it. I love it. Whats more to love?

I found this on Pinterest. The link takes you to Nutmeg Nanny

You will need:

1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs 
1 teaspoon kosher salt (I just use regular table salt)
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (Again I just use the table kind)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika (All I have is smoked paprika so I use that)
2 teaspoons garlic powder (The first time I made this I was all out of garlic powder so I didn't use it and now I just forget to put it in.)
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Mix spices together and set aside

Mix honey and vinegar together and set aside

Un-tuck chicken thighs so they are flat (I put them on a baking sheet lined with foil to prevent sticking) Cover both sides with seasoning and keep flat. 

Nutmeg Nanny says to put them under the broiler on low for 5-7 min on one side and then flip and cook 5-7 min on the other side. Add the honey mixture and make sure the chicken is nice and basted. Stick under the broiler for a few more min until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze. She advises that it may smoke a bit but it is completely normal.

Now--she also says if you have a gas stove were the broiler is at the bottom you can bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 15-20 min. This is what I do even though we don't have a gas stove. For some reason broilers freak me out. Not sure why, but they do. So I always bake mine and just add the honey mixture right away. 

Also, the first time we had this I kept all the measurements of the spices the way the recipe states. We thought it was too hot for us. So we cut the spices by half and liked it so much better!! 

I have also thought about grilling these bad boys. Now that we have a proper grill (thank you in-laws!) I think we will have to try it!

I usually serve this with butter noodles and green beans. But we also do mashed potatoes with them too :) 

I hope you like this recipe as much as we do in my house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment